PDA

View Full Version : NOS. Forced or Not???

D1Racer
12-21-2007, 08:57 PM
Ok alot of people seem to think of NOS as forced induction. I wanna know everyones thoughts on this. To me NOS is not forced induction, It uses a pressurised bottle to generate flow, unlike turbo's or supercharger's which use mechanical means to produce boost. NOS produces more HP because it burns ALOT cooler and with more oxygen per gas atoms, where as turbo's or supercharger's "force" more air/fuel into the vehicle. NOS is not "forced induction". It is more like methanol to how it produces power.

Tha Empire

Hate us or love us

Yall can't stop us

vr4girl
12-21-2007, 08:58 PM
why didnt you make a poll? i dont classify it as forced induction.

-Part Of Being A Devil Is Never Being Scared Of What Bad Comes From What You Do
www.roflatrice.com

D1Racer
12-21-2007, 09:16 PM
Eh yeah tru a poll woulda been good :/ LOL im a bit pissed to think of tech stuff like that haha. Xmas breakups rock i'm so wasted :P

Tha Empire

Hate us or love us

Yall can't stop us

TuNner
12-21-2007, 10:01 PM
Where's Tig? He knows a lot about nitrous. One of his nitrous post is somewhere.

SLRrazor
12-21-2007, 10:04 PM
*transforming into a nerd*

nitrous oxide, is a gas that increases engine power by making it burn more fuel, its made up of 2 oxygen atoms and 1 nitrogen atom, during combustion, it releases the chemical bond and releases oxygen, which allow more fuel to be burned, the remaining nitro is used as a buffer against the increased pressures that are produced, nitro is a liquid until it is injected in the engine as a cold gas, and as a result, it increases power by dropping air/fuel temp. as much as 75%....

†SLRrides.com (http://slrrides.freeforums.org/)†
† Rofl at Rice (http://roflatrice.com/)†

yc420
12-22-2007, 05:43 AM
I think it should be classified as forced induction. It gives you a boost. It forces more air into your engine.

SLRrazor
12-22-2007, 05:47 AM
I think it should be classified as forced induction. It gives you a boost. It forces more air into your engine.

it doesnt acctually forces, the N2o releases extra oxygen to the engine therefore, let more gas to be pumped in...

Ichiban
12-22-2007, 08:57 AM
In the real world of drag racing nitrous is considered a method of forced induction.

compton9714
12-22-2007, 09:07 AM
Yes, because Nitrous is just air in a can, that is pushed through your motor making a little more power, so it does not seem to be all motor to me..

--Bryttanie

D1Racer
12-22-2007, 09:27 AM
N2O is only pressurised in a bottle so it can be released into the system. Like SLR said it makes more power because there are 2 parts oxygen to one part nitrogen, It's no where near the same thing a turbo does. I'm not tryna start a war or argument here just voicing my opinion..

Tha Empire

Hate us or love us

Yall can't stop us

03BlkCobra
12-22-2007, 11:58 AM
Yeah I would classify NOS as forced induction. The whole point of N/A is naturally aspirated power (can be had at any moment). NOS is something that is being put into the motor from a controlled source to give you more power than what is naturally available on a standard basis.

SSConceptz Prez
12-22-2007, 02:38 PM
Anyone who says NOS isnt forced induction is an idiot, you can quote me on that. Look it up, its not how it burns that is the debate, its the fact that its not natural to the engine, its external and PRESSURIZED, works in the same fashion as a supercharger or turbocharger because its FORCING more air than the engine can pull alone into the cylinders, which causes the increased horsepower. NOS IS FORCED INDUCTION, get over it. If it was a FUEL thatd be a different story, NOS is in no way FLAMABLE!

SSConceptz Prez
12-22-2007, 02:43 PM
Plus there is a difference:

Dry Kit: The nitrous is used alone in this type, it is pushed through the air intake before the air flow meter to measure the increased air flow to allow the pcm to adjust for more fuel. Adding power, its forced, anything that isnt produced by the engines mechanical parts is forced induction. Kind like me forcing air down your mouth instead of you breathing it normally. You cant pull that much air into your mouth without it being forced in.

Wet: Used a fogger nozzle, has its own fuel and nitrous line, this method will give more power because the engine's pcm doesnt have to adjust the fuel being put in the engine because its coming from the nitrous system. This way adds extra fuel and air and its forcing it into the engine.

SSConceptz Prez
12-22-2007, 02:45 PM
In the real world of drag racing nitrous is considered a method of forced induction.

yep, and i race in the real world.

SLRrazor
12-22-2007, 03:01 PM
so the main point is, NOS is part FI, part not...

badburn
12-22-2007, 03:11 PM
N/a = Nos Aspirated

:d

SSConceptz Prez
12-22-2007, 09:48 PM
so the main point is, NOS is part FI, part not...

Nos is fully forced.

007JJracing
12-23-2007, 10:12 AM

It is wow but ya you should make a poll.

The Next Nitto Mod

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l61/007JJracing/6bcvfkp.gif

TioHalleLoko
12-24-2007, 03:42 AM
For me, NOS isn't forced induction, it's a power adder.
Well, NHRA consideres it too, so in All Motor H2H category is prohibited NOS, but as POWER ADDER, not forced induction.
So, let's make everything fair. Everyone here is saying about real-life. In NHRA, on All-Motor battle it's just permitted 4 cylinder engine or 2 rotor engine.
So, let's keep clean: B18C1, B18C5, K20A1, 2AZ-FE, 4G63 and F22C is the only accepted engines. Cya Vipers, GTs and Vettes!
At this way we should name the tournament as "JDM Extravaganza - NA Engines". Hehehe, still need more researches!
Well, other rule is the interior of the ride. Must have a Roll Cage of carbon fiber or strong iron, and other minor changes. Game have them on shops? Hell no!
Well suspension. Just OEM Mounts. Brakes? First, the game don't have brakes on shops. And must be hidraulic, on all wheels.

So it's boring follow rules. My opinion? Still with NOS! And in rules of the tourney said that is prohibited Turbocharger or Supercharger. It haven't said NOS.

Thank-you for reading.

SSConceptz Prez
12-24-2007, 05:38 PM
either way you see it, its forced induction. and if the tourney says ALL MOTOR, nos sure as hell isnt all motor. its an external power source.

TioHalleLoko
12-25-2007, 01:53 AM
Well, but you saw my mind. The limit is about forced induction, not power adder. And why NOS have it's own category on shops? Can't b e attached into Forced Induction? Why? Because isn't forced induction.
And being fair or not, the major factor for the win of the 2 H2H All-Motor tourneys was the engine. I assure you, always a Modular V8 will PWN a B-Series with NOS.
If we will make things like real, let's discard somethings in game!!! =D
No NOS, no V8s. Can you try to read things and think about so this mistakes can't happen again. NOS isn't forced induction. NOS is Power Adder and isn't restriced in In-Game Tourneys.
Well well, this game still don't have much parts for the mods makes Rulebooks that must be followed as you takes care for your mother (just a way to say, no offense).
And, most of you guys, are really rich and have fully loaded GTs and Vettes. Look at me, I ran the championship with a poor ITR that runs 10.0. So I ran, I lost in first race (Oh damned foul) with a unfair car. Without NOS, your V8s can run about 9.6 wth bad shifting, and me, killing with gears and NOS, runs 10.0. Look what are you saying!
Even you lost the championship, you can't do anything to replay THAT tourney and re-run. Wait for next tourney and race properly!

aznsnoopy1289
12-25-2007, 06:15 AM
But when they say "ALL MOTOR" does that qualify the nos for it to be used?

To me me all motor is, no sc, no tc, no nos....!

TioHalleLoko
12-25-2007, 09:39 AM
But there's somethings that can't be understood 100% like said. Well, ALL MOTOR should be a engine dyno battle.
So I won't discuss this anymore. If the admins says nothing about NOS, I'll use it as always. If the rules say that NOS is Prohibited, I won't use it. And you won a championship with NOS, I don't think you can say much about it when using.

Willy Wonka
12-25-2007, 11:37 AM
But when they say "ALL MOTOR" does that qualify the nos for it to be used?

To me me all motor is, no sc, no tc, no nos....! I agree, all motor should be just what it says, "all motor". Nothing but the power it puts out with no power adders.